Disclaimer: this face mask is not meant to replace the surgical face mask, it is a contingency plan for those who have no available to surgical mask in the market. Proper use of a surgical mask is still the best way to prevent virus infection.
Before you start sewing, pre-wash all fabrics and wash it again prior to wearing.
- yield: 3 sizes – Small kids, Young Kids, Teenage & Adult, Adult Men’s
- active time: 30 minutes
- total time: 30 minutes
- difficulty: Easy
- estimated cost: $1 – $5
- Main Fabric (cotton), 12″ x 6″, prewash
- Lining Fabric (cotton or flannel), 10″ x 6″, prewash
- Round Cord Elastic Band 1/16″ (you can buy from hair accessories section, or here), 16″
- Face Mask Sewing Pattern, download and print separately.
- Updated with Men’s size.
- Sewing essential
- Sewing Machine or hand sew
- Seamstress tracing wheel and paper
- Download and print out the Face Mask Sewing Pattern separately.
- Pin to fabric, trace and cut out the fabric pieces.
- Sew, clip curve along on the seam allowance, turn face mask right-side out. Topstitch.
- Sew ears to the face mask. Insert elastic cord to the ear-pocket.
More Details on how to sew the Face Mask
Download and print out the Face Mask Sewing Pattern separately. Don’t scale the printing, it is in letter size paper (8.5″ x 11″) so you should have no problem printing it in full scale. There is a 2″ scale marking for you to check if you are printing it in the right size.
Please check out this tutorial for detailed photos and step by step support!