Battle of the Spirit


Welcome to our website.  We hope you’ll check out the pages and that you find what you’re looking for.  You are loved and valued.

Pastor Benjamin will be talking about the BATTLE OF THE SPIRIT this month.  We hope you’ll join us for coffee or a service sometime soon.  Thanks for coming by.


SUNDAY NIGHTS at 6:00pm in the Fellowship Hall. Pastor Benjamin and Kimberly Payne will host a Sunday Evening Bible Study Series called “Safe People.” Drs. Henry Cloud and John Townsend offer solid guidance for making safe choices in relationships, from friendships to romance.

FBCS requests donations of individually wrapped candy treats for the harvest bags which will be given out in front of the church to trick-or-treaters.  Baggies containing tracts and goodies will be filled by the ladies attending the ABWM meeting October 17th. If you’d like to volunteer to help pass out the harvest bags on October 31st, please see Joyce Crislip.

Our church needs to have a deep cleaning! Church Clean-Up Day on Saturday at 9:00am Bring your gloves, rags, buckets and energy!

Heartfelt sympathy is extended to the family of Frank Johnson. Please pray for their comfort during this difficult time & the days ahead.

Next Sunday: ABWM “Quarter” Potluck Dinner – During the 3rd Quarter potluck dinner next Sunday, a collection basket will be placed at each end of the service table. Each spoonful of food will be a $.25 donation to our American Baptist Women’s Ministries State Project. Funds are being raised to send young girls to a Bible Camp in Thailand. So bring your appetite and your piggy bank to help this worthwhile cause.

WORLD MISSION OFFERING …is being collected during the month of October.  85% of this offering helps support International Missionaries.  (See poster in East Room.) The other 15% helps with global projects such as schools, health clinics, agricultural projects or victims of human trafficking. Offering envelopes are available in the pew, or simply designate “World Mission Offering” on your personal offering envelope.

Youth Event  Judgement House   

   10/29 2:00pm – We’ll meet at the church at 12:45pmJudgement House Youth Event

This is a FREE event that is open to teens and adults. Judgement house is a drama performance in Hudson, Ohio. The show portrays real life situations that produce various crisis’ of faith.  For example: Bullying. Students will witness a Heaven and Hell Scene. The play is vivid and realistic to be thought-provoking. There will be a sign up on the table on the East Room if you’re interested in going. If you have any questions please see Emily Cartwright.


Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: